Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Living Room Update on a Budget

At some point the sofa in our den was condemned. Habitat for Humanity denied it and so it was carried off to be recycled. We then decided to find a new sofa for the living room and move the current one into the den. As always, I love the challenge of spending as little as possible. I found a sofa and down filled chair at my friend's estate sale for a great price. All it needed was a slip cover and it would look brand new. In the meantime, I was struggling with finding the right white to paint the inside of my house. As many of you know, white is not just white! I ended up seeking the help of my neighbors Julia and Denise. We tried many swatches on the wall and narrowed it down quite a bit; but not enough to pull the trigger. Julia then put me in contact with Elizabeth Goff, a local interior decorator, and she came in and sealed the deal. I ended up having the slipcovers made by Cheryl Arnold, of The Slipcover Shop, who did an amazing job. She did them in a white cotton duck, sounds crazy, but I knew I could wash them endlessly and not worry about the color fading. Below are some before and after pictures of my living room transformation. Note the yellow on the walls, not sure what I was thinking!
This is the sofa prior to being covered.

I decided on a neutral, clean palette that I could easily switch up. Here are some pictures of the room in progress. Note there is still no rug. A pretty seagrass rug has been purchased but when the puppy showed up, the rug went upstairs till further notice.
-Kari

The Slipcover Shop- 843-817-9231


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...