Friday, June 17, 2011

Who Brings Peas to a Party!?

Besides my mother, my friend Aileen is one of the best southern cooks I know. She hosted a baby shower a few weeks ago and made the best pea salad that I have ever tasted (to be honest, I really have not tasted that many!). Recently, when invited to a cover dish, I decided to make Aileen's pea salad. Someone near and dear to my heart (no names mentioned) made the comment, "Who brings peas to a party?". I guarantee that once you taste this little green jewel of a side dish, you will be bringing peas to your next party!


By the way, the above person has since eaten her words....


Enjoy!
Liz
Green Pea Salad

2 bags frozen peas (just thaw in a colander) 
Heaping tbl of finely chopped red onion 
3 stalks celery finely chopped  
Crumbled blue cheese (mild if you can find) 
Garlic Expressions dressing (green bottle in the salad dressing section of your specialty grocer) 
Mix all together and let the flavors marry for at least an hour. 
Yum!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...