Friday, September 2, 2011

Easy Panzanella Salad


Even with neglect somehow my garden still produced tomatoes this past summer. Plump romas and super sweet yellow heirlooms were ready to be picked daily. I also still have basil growing like a weed. My intention is to make some yummy pesto to freeze but in the meantime I have been cooking italian regularly. I decided to experiment with a panzanella salad considering the stale loaf of bread on the counter and the harvest from the garden. Here is what I came up with, easy and great with a simple spaghetti pomodoro.
Easy Panzanella Salad
A bunch of tomatoes sliced in half
Fresh Basil
Mozzarella pearls
Crusty bread torn into small pieces
Olive oil drizzled on top
Balsamic Vinegar to taste
Sea Salt and Ground Pepper

Toss all ingredients together and serve!
close up of the salad
the perfect meal to enjoy on the porch!

-Kari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...