Thursday, July 21, 2011

For Pet's Sake and Bear's!

This is our two year old rescue, Bear. He was just a little fur ball with huge feet when we got him. Based on everyone's opinion, he was going to be as big as a "Bear" when he grew up. Hence the name. Needless to say, Bear is now called "Little Bear". He is a solid 45 pounds or so, with short legs and a long body. No one really knows what he is. He is just very cute, very sweet, very shy and very hairy! He sheds like crazy and with the summer heat, we felt that maybe, it was time for his first haircut (or shave as my husband insisted). Seeing Kari's dog, Cleo, strut down our street at least once a month sporting a cute "I was groomed today" bandana or a couple of bows behind her ears, I asked for her groomer recommendation. She insisted on For Pet's Sake, so I made an appointment asap.

 For Pet's Sake owners, Tom and Roseanne Hayes, were nice enough to allow me to be with Bear for this first momentous occasion. Like I said, he is VERY shy and I was not sure of what his reaction would be to the other dogs, electric razor, tubbie tub (bath tub for those who do not speak doggie) and loud hair dryer. Groomer Mary Seekamp was assigned to Bear, and with the voice of an angel and gentle, yet strong, hands (arms and back!), she and Bear made it through the two hour process. Below are photos from Bear's experience. I think that next time, I will be able to drop him off with just my picture.
looking for the escape route
in the waiting room
"What is this?"
"Mommy!"
"This is not so bad."
In the tubbie tub
"Seriously?"
"Are we done yet?"
Other friends getting beautiful



Playtime!
"The End."
Cleo, the Inspiration
Thank you Mary and For Pet's Sake!


Liz


For Pet's Sake
Pet Sitting and Grooming Services
1769-B Highway 17 North
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-3403
forpetsake@comcast.net
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...