Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Patio Inspired by "Chocolat"


My close friend Lisa is moving. With a move comes a lot of purging and she has taken this opportunity to another level. She said "why move something you don't love or need?" I agree.  With her purge came a generous offering of furniture. She suggested that I take her old dining room table and chairs, as well as a console (more on that later). I briefly hesitated, since I don't need a table inside my house, and then she suggested putting it in the yard "Chocolat" style (as seen in photo still from the movie above). She struck something deep inside of me that longs to live in the countryside of France and eat alfresco every night. You might remember the movie that hit theaters in 2000, starring Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche, and the enchanting scene of the party in the garden. That was Lisa's vision and now it is mine. I have consulted with my painter friend on how to restore and weather proof the furniture and have picked some outdoor fabric to recover the chairs with. Now the challenge begins. I thought I would share some before pictures of the dining set. Once this project is complete, I will share the final results! Any advice is very welcome!
the table also has two leaves to seat 8 or more
one of the chairs ready to be recovered


-Kari


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...