Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Windows Boxes of Charleston



One of my favorite things to do in the springtime is check out the window boxes around downtown Charleston. Recently, I had a few spare moments to cruise around and see what kind of masterpieces were on display. One after another, boxes were overflowing with colorful bouquets of flowers. From boxwoods to rosemary topiaries, I was continually impressed. Each one it's own artistic piece of work. Here are some pictures of some of my favorites.

anything with ivy is reminiscent of an english garden


organic elegance

is that swiss chard I see poking out?


my favorite

another view

love the use of mandavilla here, would have never thought of that!

window boxes allow the rest of the garden to be simple and low maintenance

fence art 

love the randomness of this box as much as a totally
"type a" symmetrical one

simply elegant

anything would look amazing with those paint colors,
how Charleston!

there is nothing like the scent of alyssum 

a modern approach to window box art

you can't go wrong keeping it simple with green and white

love the spanish moss hanging down


Do you have window boxes at your house or apartment?
If so we would love to see your garden art! 
Here are some pictures of my window boxes over the past
few seasons. Which one do you like best?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...